Thursday, October 13, 2011

Past Works - Outo World Sakura

I think I'll start off with some of my past creations that came out well before getting to all of my current things (because if I start with the current, we'll never see my past works).


This costume / character is Princess Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. The particular costume (she has many throughout the series) is referred to as "Outo World". In that particular set of chapters / episodes she was working as a waitress in a cafe.

I really loved how this costume came together, especially the collar. It was the first time I'd ever worked with peachskin (the apron and collar are both made of it), and it was also a first on doing scallops. It was almost my first time drafting a pattern from scratch (the collar). This costume won "2nd Place Journeyman" at Setsucon.

As always, a big thanks to my friend "Patches" for the lovely photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment